Welcome to Dentistry for Children! Whether this is your child’s first visit, a special dental need, or you’ve had an unpleasant experience elsewhere, we’ve got this. We’re here to make going to the dentist like a day at the park. Think good times, new friends, and a whole lotta laughs. And parents, you’re welcome to stay with your child during the entire visit.
First Visit Age Description
Going to the dentist can be scary for a child. It doesn’t have to be. The earlier you introduce your child to the dentist, the more comfortable they’ll be. Often, an infant’s or toddler’s first visit is simply a short icebreaker to establish the dentist’s office as a safe, friendly place. Taking the time to do this will make subsequent visits stress-free.
Start by following these tips to help things go more smoothly:
- Treat it as a casual sneak preview, not a serious event. Simply make sure your child is comfortable and understands everything that’s happening.
- Ask our staff if your child can walk back and quickly take a look around the office. Let them feel involved in the tour and explain what they’re seeing to reassure them that this new environment isn’t scary at all.
- Plan your initial “preview visit” during a quiet time of day—that way, your child won’t feel rushed or overwhelmed.
- While you’re here, we’ll share some tips on brushing, flossing, and other cavity-preventing habits.
Sneak Peek at a First Dental Visit
Here at Dentistry For Children we’ve set up our offices to make nervous kids comfortable during every visit—especially the first one.
Our kid-friendly waiting rooms are filled with TVs and video games to help children relax before going inside. Spending a few extra minutes hanging out in a fun waiting room can be a perfect way to ensure a stress-free introduction.
First Visit Description:
- Your new patient visit will begin with a tour of the office.
- Our welcoming staff will provide home-care instructions, a dental hygiene goody bag, and a new patient T-shirt.
- Dental x-rays will be completed as planned, and our registered dental hygienist will perform a cleaning.
- The dentist will then provide a comprehensive oral exam and discuss findings and recommendations with parents.
- Your child’s visit ends with a trip to the prize wall to choose a surprise.
We want you and your child to leave here looking forward to your next visit at Dentistry For Children. See you soon!